Frequently Asked Questions
Almost everyone has at least a couple of questions in mind regarding the BPO industry. We have tried to create an exhaustive list of such questions and answers. Try finding your answers here.
What does outsourcing mean?
Outsourcing is the procedure that involves assigning a business function to someone else. Simply speaking outsourcing is just assigning the work that either you cannot do or you don't want to do to someone else.
What is Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)?
Business process outsourcing (BPO) is a subclass of the Outsourcing; it mainly involves the contracting of some part of business functions like operations and responsibilities.
Why should I choose Dev BPO/ how is Dev BPO different from the other BPOs?
The reasons for outsourcing your projects to Dev BPO are quite straightforward: -
- The Business services offered by Dev BPO are not only flawless but also perfect.
- An exceptional unification of quality, cost-efficiency, technology and timely completion of the project is what Dev BPO has to offer.
- Moreover, due to our location in strategic positions of the world we can offer 24 x 7 services anywhere around the globe which materializes us at a "Global BPO".
- The Operational office in situated in India which is also known as "The Land of Call Centres", due to our location in India we can provide the most cost-efficient services while also providing a quality far more than the expectation of our clients.
- While most of the other BPO companies brag about themselves, we let our clients speak instead. We are honoured to be one of the best BPO Companies that have a very high customer satisfaction Ratio.
Now, there you have five extraordinarily good reasons to outsource to Dev BPO. Once you have successfully outsourced your tedious requirements to Dev BPO, all your worries regarding that project vanish away.
What is Offshoring and How it different from BPO?
Whenever a company relocates a part of its business outside the country then this process is known as offshoring. The difference between offshoring and outsourcing is that in outsourcing you are assigning the work so third party. Whereas in offshoring means just shifting the work outside the country, it may be within the company or to some third party.
For example if Company A is located in U.S and it is assigning its data-management job to Company A's own facility that is located in India, it is still offshoring but it is not outsourcing. However if Company A contracts is data-management job to Company B it is called outsourcing be it in U.S or India.
Again, if Company A of U.S contracts a part of its work to Company B which is in India, thus such a process is precisely termed as Offshore outsource.
What is ITES or IT (information technology) Enabled Services?
ITES, Information Technology Enabled Service, is simply the process that utilizes the information technology to outsource business functions like finance, HR, administration, health care, telecommunication, manufacturing etc. The main advantage of ITES is that with the use of technology you can provide superior quality at the most cost-effective prices. ITES are growing at a very fast pace these days.
What are the different Types of BPO?
Some of the most well-known variations (or types of BPO) are listed below:-
- KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing):- This refers to the outsourcing of processes that require technical or intellectual expertise. Generally core process are outsourced under KPO
- MBPO (Medical Business Process Outsourcing):- This refers to the outsourcing of non-core functions related to medical field like data entry of medical transcriptions, medical recruitment process etc.
- HRO (Human Resource Outsourcing):- This refers to process where are company outsources all its HR related work to an external service provider.
- HRO includes outsourcing of back office operations such as employee payroll system, recruitment system and so on
- RPO(Recruitment/Research Process Outsourcing):- RPO can have to meanings
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing:- It is a form of outsourcing (BPO) where a firm that want to employee people transfers all or part of its recruitment processes to a third party service provider.
- Research Process Outsourcing:- In this process the Research and Development work(R & D) of a company is outsourced to some other service provider.
- EPO (Engineering Process Outsourcing):- This particular type of Outsourcing is the one which offers worldwide consulting and outsourcing facilities in the areas of Engineering, Architecture and Construction.
- ESO (Educational Service Outsourcing):- This refers to the outsourcing of the educational services. The demand for such outsourcing is very high in U.S and Europe and particularly Indian educators have a very high demand because of high knowledge, relatively better English and the most important cost-efficiency.
What do you mean by BPO2?
BPO2 is also quite a popular term these days. It basically stands for Business Process Outsourcing and Optimization. It involves outsourcing, which is contracting the part of your business function and also optimization that is assigning your project so that you can get the optimized results in terms of Quality, Cost-efficiency and turn-around-time.
What Career Opportunities does Dev BPO offer?
Due to the broad range of services we offer, the employee requirement of Dev BPO is also quite large. We require:
- Tele callers for inbound and outbound tele-calling
- Data Entry Operators.
- Data Mining Operators.
- Web Research Executive
- SEO professionals and Content Writers.
- Web and Graphic Designers.
- Web Developers.
This list is just partial; as new processes come newer opportunities are created.
What do you mean by Defect Density?
It is the measure of the accuracy of the typing or coding.
Defect Density is the count of total defects identified against a particular software entity.
For Example if I write a Software code of 15,000 Lines and there are 500 lines of code where there is some mistake (say logical or typing) then the defect density is:
500/15,000 = 0.0333333.
What do you mean 4E certification?
The 4E's stand For: Education, Examination, Experience and Ethics. This is one of the most prestigious and well known certification. All Dev BPO employees have to undergo the certification process and only then are the appointed.
Didn't find answer to your questions here?
Don't Worry just Contact US and get all your queries answered.